Previous Posts

Archives

Quotes
Useful Links
Message Boards
Value Stock Pick
Saturday, February 11, 2006

Creative Technology Ltd. (CREAF)

The question is, will Creative Zen Vision:M be a big sale and is CREAF undervalued?

Well, it won't be as spectacular as iPod for sure. But technically, Creative's new product is reviewed as SUPERIOR than iPod's video and many technical reviewers recognize this. Hopefully user would start to follow. Unfornately, Creative lacks its strategy in marketing and fostering a hip-hop culture as that of Apple. On the flip side, it has been significantly ignored in the financial market and we probably have no further downside from here.

Where do I get to know the new Vision:M? From a article in CNET which list ten "cool gadgets" you should have.

PC Magazine Review
CNET Review

Here's the excerpt of a review from a Fatwalleter,

"Unless you have seen the ZVM in person and have compared it side by side to a 5G Ipod, don't nay say.

I personally own a ZVM and I have compared it directly to my friend's 5g Ipod (I actually waited for the ZVM release before making a decision between the two).

Let me tell you the added thickness helps in terms of it being much easier to hold. The 5G feels more clumsy in the hand.

The ZVM has a better battery life. The 5G's 2 hours of video playback is pathetic.

The video is amazing on the ZVM and while it is a tad bit oversaturated, it looks way better than the undersaturated 5G screen. In addition it plays many codecs that the Ipod does not support including my favorites xvid, divx and avi. It is perfect for the movies I dl from the internet.

The ZVM GUI is very user friendly.

The ZVM has a built in FM radio.

The ZVM has a user customizable eq.


I hope after all this you don't make me out as an Apple hater. I love the Ipod too but it fall short in several areas for me including lack of codec support, lackluster video playback and no user customizable eq.

If you guys are interested in dap discussions I suggest you go to www.dapreview.net
"

For a comparison of video quality between Vision:M and iPod Video. Vision:M is to the left.






Post a Comment

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates